Tuesday, 15 December 2015

2 months today!

In 2 months time...that's less than 9 weeks...I will be lying in bed recovering from being carved open a bit and having a new hip inserted.  It is now getting more and more real.

Sadly so is the evidence that things aren't right inside the current hip as it's started to hurt more.  In some ways the fact I've been able to do quite a lot has made me not see that I need to be careful.  So when a Christmas tree needed putting up, up it went.  It's an artificial one so there was a lot of bending over to insert branches.  That is always painful...nothing to do with the bending but the bugger leaves evil little scratches all up my arms.  Anyway tree was built, a few other decorations thrown around the room, lights put round the window.  Then in the evening it was off to work.  

We have a mobile disco business and I usually tag along on a Saturday night.  I basically either just sit or stand at the desk.  Sometimes I get a bit lively and have been known to take to the floor to demonstrate the cha-cha slide.  Not this time - there was minimal sliding left or right from  me.  But even with doing not a lot I felt sore and by the time we got home I was in enough pain to hit painkillers.  It has eased over the weekend and I went shopping yesterday, using stick but not hurting too bad.  But I am definitely feeling it a bit more.

I still haven't resorted to using my stick in the office.  At some point I will swallow my pride but not just yet.  And tomorrow night is Christmas party.  We go to Tatton Park for their extravanganza and it is a good evening.  Last year there were dodgems but I will have to be good and avoid them.  And I usually end up nattering with friends (especially drunken Andy!) more than I'm up dancing so that should be a wise move this time.  But I will at least start the night wearing heels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment