Thursday, 10 December 2015

Well heeled

OK I have already admitted I am far luckier than many people who are in real pain and suffering while waiting for their surgery.  I know that, I really do appreciate how fortunate I am and I really shouldn't complain.  But that doesn't mean I don't get wound up by the seemingly trivial, and I'm sorry if I now sound like a bit of a precious princess but the whole point of this blog is to record what I'm feeling, and some things DO matter to me even if they're pretty nonsensical in the grand scheme of things.

For me it's heels.  I have never been a shoe person really, always found it hard to find ones that fit.  But as I've got older I have started getting just a little bit obsessed with heels.  I hate my legs. They're big. Chunky. Worthy of a footballer. Male footballer but a bit less hairy.  But if I wear heels I am a bit happier about having the legs on show.  Don't worry - you will NEVER see me out in a mini skirt unless it's for charity and I'm drunk.  But I do like dresses and preferably with heels.  Or jeans with heels. I like heels.  Luckily I have a hubby who also likes heels and follows the mantra from 'Kinky Boots', 'the sex is in the heel'...I never have to feel guilty about buying shoes if they have heels ;)

This is the woman who went shopping for a pair of flat black boots and came home with a pair of 5" purple sparkly stillettoes.  And fell in love with a gorgeous pair of silver Jenny Packhams that I actually struggle to do up as my ankles can swell.  But just look at them...how can you not love these?



So realising that I'll be consigned to flats after surgery is not funny.  I've even been getting all kinds of warnings about wearing them now.  But it honestly doesn't hurt any more wearing them than wearing flats.  So no way am I giving in to being sensible.  In a little over 9 weeks I'll be sensible because I have to.  Until then, the heels stay.  I've bought a gorgeous slinky red dress for the Christmas party; I will wear heels with it.  And if it hurts...well heels and a shiny purple walking stick can be my latest fashion accessories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment