Ok today is 8 weeks until my hip replacement and right now I'm feeling really quite upbeat.
I hit a low on Friday when not only did it hurt but I felt really down emotionally. I felt tired over the weekend and a bit sore. But I've been reading loads of stories of people who are on the road to recovery and I know overwhelmingly I want to be there with them.
I have my wish list of what I want to get back to doing. Things I haven't been able to do for the past 3-4 years.
Dancing - I started doing belly dancing in my 40s, throw in a bit of Bollywood too. On a business trip to India in October they put on a show of dancing and it has inspired me to go again. I want to be out there in Bhangra style
Zumba - this might be a bit ambitious as my doctor said that he's seen a massive increase in people with hip problems since zumba became so popular
Gym - I do still go but am restricted on what I can do and miss out a lot
Horse-riding - to be honest I'd pretty much given that up years ago but when I did the occasional bit it hurt. Especially when my slightly crazy husband treated me to 3.5hrs fell riding in Cumbria for my 50th birthday. On a Clydesdale! It was fantastic at the time but boy did I pay the price. But that's got to be an ambition for when I'm recovered
Today at work I was on a different site where I used to work, but several people there were surprised to see me using my stick. There was some sympathy but mostly people said how I'll be so much better once I'm sorted and I totally agree. I know I will probably have more downers. But hey I don't need a bad hip to have them; I'm a Liverpool fan and after Saturday's appaling result against Watford I had every excuse to feel fed up.
But Liverpool WILL improve (I have to cling to that - I work with Man Utd fans) And next year I will have a bright shiny new hip and I WILL be out there making the most of it. Get me and my PMA :)
No comments:
Post a Comment