Monday, 14 December 2015

Shopping with new eyes

Had a day off work and hit shops today and it was odd finding myself thinking about what I'd be doing/buying in a couple of months after surgery.  Firstly I decided that maybe the idiot 'parked' next to us might have some kind of short term disability.  I say parked in a very generous sense of the word - abandoned might be better.  Though maybe it takes some skill to have the white line almost perfectly centrally underneath your car.  But the space on their right wasn't a full one so maybe they just needed the extra room and did no harm in taking up that space.  Or maybe they're just somebody with appalling spatial awareness who shouldn't be let loose in a car!

I was using my stick today so was more aware of the shops that allowed you to still get round the aisles with some comfort.  In some shops it wasn't the layout that was obstructive but other customers.  I don't expect special priority treatment but manners cost nothing.  C'mon people - your're giving Stoke area a bad name.  And yes there is a cue there for so much else to say but in the interests of not offending any Staffs readers I will say nothing more :)

I also found myself looking at slip on Sketchers.  Can't honestly say they'd be my favourite choice of footwear in normal circumstances but they do make them in purple or pink.  Hubby tried to convince me ther black ones were good but if I have to wear flats I want to at least feel a bit lively.  Though even I drew the line at considering the orange ones.

Having said all that (and with consideration of previous post on the subject of heels) the main part of my day was to get some shapewear to wear under the dress for the Christmas party on Wednesday.  Having been walking round the shops all day, trying that stuff on is quite hard work, but when you have wobbly bits to secure in place it's worth the pain.  Must admit I don't usually feel that good about how I look but in that dress, with the correct strapping beneath, with the right jewellery and with heels I looked pretty good.  Hubby didn't even add 'for your age' when he got a viewing and request for honest comment.  I think he is slightly scared of me now I have a stick again!  And yes the plan is to go with the heels though I may take emergency flats but dammit I'm going there with the intention of starting the night feeling a little bit glamourous.  By the end of it with potential of hip shouting at me and prosecco and/or Smirnoff having got the better of me glamour may take a dive out the window but hey we can start off good!

No comments:

Post a Comment