The incision area itself isn't too bad. The groin area has moments. In fact it has weird twitchy moments when my leg has jerked and sent a little spasm of pain. But they are things I deal with fairly ok. But sitting down seems to make my whole hip area hurt. I feel like I'm seizing up. It goes from the side of my hip right into my sadly not lean and sculpted backside.
I'm OK walking around. I'm getting good with the crutches and getting better at moving in a more fluid way. I don't mean drunk. Sadly. But I'm relaxing a bit and trying to bend my leg at the knee, put weight through my foot properly. I started very stiff with a straight leg and an odd hip lift but am moving away from that. I get Kev to stand and watch me walking towards him and to critique my leg action. The thrill he gets from doing that must be immense! Sometimes it feels tight. Sometimes it feels a little clunky. Sometimes it does feel as if the hip needs to lift over something. And sometimes it just hurts at the front of the groin. That's the place that usually results in me saying 'oh gosh that was surprisingly sore, dear me it hurts' Or similar with maybe a few more swear words thrown in. My language has never been good at the best of times. This past week if I'd had a swear box installed it would've cost me an effing fortune.
But generally walking round is ok. Doing my standing exercises is ok. Well no its not, they hurt. Quite a lot. But you know they must be done and I am seeing an improvement in my range. I can do stairs. Not without being a bit breathless by the top but I can do them. I can go to the bathroom (no poo today!). And I can dress myself. But sitting in a chair is beyond me for any length of time. So bed has become my retreat. Propped up in bed I'm OK. I do my bed exercises. That's not a euphemism. It is just leg exercises I do in bed. But I feel more comfortable. I don't feel in danger of seizing up, and if I border on it I can do my leg slides to get some movement back. My biggest concern is the battery dying on my tablet!
So there it is...despite feeling like a useless old woman, when it comes to finding somewhere that I can cope with the pain, I'm good in bed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment