Friday was a bit stressy as it was my last working day. I did just about get everything done though late afternoon got a bit fun as people were pinging me on the instant messenger to wish me luck, and offer to come round to visit. I really hadn't expected that so it was lovely...albeit a little distracting but at least for all the right reasons.
Saturday was spent washing, packing, sorting stuff out. And having a laugh at Man Utd losing to Sunderland. I also went all domestic and made some soup to freeze down for use when I'm back home. In the afternoon I had a play with the gadgets the hospital gave me. When I say 'gave' I mean handed to me and then sent me a bill later! I found out the odd shape of the long handled sponge is for my toes and feet. I was wondering where to stick it! And the fluffy bicycle seat is a sock puller-onner. And it works and I got stupidly excited about it!
Today my expected meltdown so far hasn't happened. Undoubtedly helped by Liverpool winning 6-0. Six! And six different scorers. Even Kolo Toure. Though that was less scoring a goal as having the ball hit his head on the way into the net. And it was all against an abysmal Aston Villa. But hey we won 6-0, I'm happy. Apart from that a quiet day. A trip out this morning to get 2 new tyres, then more housey stuff. I was really conscious of the fact that a lot of what I was doing was really basic stuff that I won't be able to do for several weeks. And I ended the day with something I won't be able to do for about 12 weeks. Lie in a bath. I love my baths, I'm not good at relaxing and lying in a bath means I have to switch off. But I won't be allowed to. And as I dried off I was half dancing round the bathroom, something else I won't be able to do in any room, even with clothes on.
So I've had my hot chocolate and a toasted hot cross bun. All being well (still not tempting fate!), the next time I have anything to eat will be when I'm lying in a hospital bed, the proud owner of a nice new hip joint. I am quite excited about it all in an odd way. I really really want to be positive about it all. I'm reading about experiences of members of the FB groups and while some are inspiring, there are others that are a bit scary. Mostly I do feel quite positive but I worry that I won't live up to it. I know down days are allowed. I know some days will not be so good. But I want to be one of the people that others see as a success story. Maybe it's vanity but I get a buzz from people saying I have a good attitude. I feel good if people see me as being positive, cheerful, helpful...whether that's at work or in a FB forum. Don't get me wrong...I can whinge with the best of them. My husband will testify to that. But if I'm blogging this I have to have some fun. I want people to read and smile, not be driven to slitting their wrists. Unless of course they're Utd fans! So watch this space, my next update should be my first post op one and I'm hoping it's a good 'un :)
No comments:
Post a Comment