In 2 weeks time I should be recovering from my surgery earlier in the day. A while ago I'd have said 'will' but now I'm feeling more and more worried. It's 4 weeks since I had a cold. It's just under 4 weeks since the cough started. And it's still going.
I went back to my GP on Friday. He talked about how I really should have tests but that's not an option now. He did say there was no rattling or wheezing, and no sign of infection. And as I won't be having general anaesthetic I won't be intubated so that goes in my favour. He prescribed me some steroids, though I had to ring Mr Hoad-Reddick to check that he was ok with it. Luckily he was so I started them on Saturday. (At this point I'm hearing Craig David giving some diarised rendition of a week of cough treatment). But I digress. Again. It's a bad habit. I don't remember who said it but I totally identify with that thing of 'I'm easily distra.....ooh shiny'
Anyway. Cough treatments. I have steroids. I have pholcodine cough medicine. And I have pineapple juice. Yes you read that right. Apparently pineapple juice is better than any cough medicine. It's certainly easier to type. Far less offer of alternatives than running pholcodine through the predictive text! And it tastes lovely and maybe it's doing the trick. I got Kev to reinforce supplies and will take some to work tomorrow. I really will try anything right now.
As well as my cough Kev has come down with a heavy cold now. The good timing means we have our nice new decorated, carpeted, furnished bedroom back today. And I've bagged solo occupancy while he nurses his germs next door.
Do I seem paranoid? Maybe but I could cry at the thought of a cough and cold postponing my op. I am now so ready for it. While attention is nice I'm feeling now that I'm missing out on so much. We did a disco on Saturday and I wouldn't normally have gone but for the fact it was for a friend at work. It was a great night but I literally sat most of it out. I couldn't even bop away behind the desk and I felt so pissed off at one point. (I'm on my fairly new tablet. Clearly it needs to get used to my language. It tried to get out of saying 'pissed' even more than 'pholcodine'). Anyway (sorry, shiny!) I'm getting upset and scared at the thought of this thing getting derailed. I'm reading people in the FB groups going off for their op's and I'm a bit jealous. I half wish mine was tomorrow. Then I realise how much work I have left to do and am glad it's not. But that leaves me with 2 weeks to hang on and hope the bugs stay away.
I have my pre-op on Wednesday. Then 12 more days. Hopefully. Should be. Can't bring myself to tempt fate with a will
No comments:
Post a Comment